Attorney Rui P. Alves

Call now (401) 942-3100

  1. Let us know if you have any questions or comments

Divorce Lawyer

As an experienced, Rhode Island and Massachusetts Family Court trial lawyer, Attorney Rui P. Alves practices before all Rhode Island and Massachusetts State Courts, including the Providence, Kent, Washington and Newport Family Courts. He strives to help his clients get their fair day in court and their proper justice each time he steps before a court of law.  Rui P. Alves is a tri-lingual attorney who is fluent in both Portuguese and Spanish. He learned these languages because he is a native…

Divorce Lawyer RI – Child Support – Child Custody

Attorney Rui P. Alves specializes in Rhode Island child custody, Massachusetts child custody, Rhode Island child support, and matters involving the relocation of minor children. He brings divorce law experience and compassion to every case he handles.
Whether you are in Rhode Island or Massachusetts courts, Attorney Alves will help guide you to achieving the best outcome for your important divorce matter. Call Attorney Alves at (401) 942-3100 or fill out our form for a FREE consultation to assess your legal rights.
Divorce Law

Divorce Law

Whether you are looking to Divorce Lawyer in RI or a Massachusetts divorce lawyer, who you choose as your lawyer can be one of the most important decisions. Call my office today to discuss your options and what is important…

Read More

Child Custody

Child Custody & Visitation Lawyer Services
Whether you or a loved one is involved in a divorce or child custody matter, where you have a child or children but were not married, who you choose to represent you may be…

Read More
Child Support

Child Support

Whether you are looking to Divorce in Rhode Island or Massachusetts, who you choose as your lawyer can be one of the most important decisions. Call my office today to discuss your options and what is important to you in…

Read More
Call now for a free consultation (401) 942-3100

Recent Results Family Court Results

RI Child Custody/Relocation: Successfully reunited minor son with father. Father who lives in Africa was able to obtain full custody of his minor son. Father was able to relocate to his son from Rhode Island to Africa.

MA/RI Child Custody/Relocation: Mother moved out of Massachusetts to a southern state without notice or giving father any information on relocation of their two minor children. Obtained emergency court order to return the children to father in Rhode Island. After trial, father allowed to have the children live in Rhode Island with mother obtaining visiting time. Mother ordered to pay father child support.

RI Child Custody/Relocation: Successful relocation of minor daughter from Rhode Island to Massachusetts. After mother had lost custody of her minor daughter in MA to allow father to have the daughter in RI, Attorney Alves was able to get the daughter relocated to Massachusetts with mother.

MA Child Custody/Support: Mother allowed to move to Massachusetts from Rhode Island with her newborn child. Court agreed with Attorney Alves that Massachusetts was the proper court. Father was ordered to pay child support.

RI Child Support: Represented mother in divorce action where husband was claiming he earned very low income. After first court date, mother was receiving child support based upon her husband’s real income, not the very low income he claimed.

MA Child Custody/Support: Mother wanted permission to relocate with child to Rhode Island. The parties had shared legal custody of the child. After successfully obtaining a guardian ad litem, mother was allowed to relocate to Rhode Island and awarded sole legal custody of the minor child. Father was ordered to pay child support.

MA Child Custody/Support: Father allowed to relocate his two minor children to Rhode Island. Mother had physical custody of the minor children in Massachusetts. After a two day trial, children were allowed to permanently relocate to Rhode Island with father. Mother was ordered to pay child support to father.

Have a question? Call us now (401) 942-3100