August 14, 2012
Divorce Attorney-Who do I hire?
Divorce Attorney – Who do I hire?
The divorce process can be a very difficult and stressful process. You should hire a lawyer who will make the process less stressful for you. It is important that you hire a lawyer who believes in you. It is equally important that you find a lawyer who you feel comfortable with for the process.
Before you meet with a lawyer you should make a list of the following:
- Questions you have about the process?
- How much time is this going to take?
- Questions about division of assets?
- Bring a list of your assets to the first meeting.
- Questions about division of debts?
- Bring a list of your debts to the first meeting.
- Is child custody, visitation and support going to be an issue?
- Is Alimony going to play into your case?
- Bring you tax returns, pays stubs and other relevant financial paperwork.
- How does the lawyer charge?
These are just a few of the many questions that we will go over with you on your first initial free consultation. It is important that you select the right lawyer for your divorce in Rhode Island or Massachusetts. If you have questions about these or any other issues, please contact my office at 401-942-3100.
If you have questions about this posting or are interested in Divorce, Immigration, or Estate Law in RI or MA contact Massachusetts and Rhode Island Divorce Lawyer Rui P. Alves at 401-942-3100 or CONTACT him via email.